Hello! My name is Patranila and I’d like to thank you for visiting The Patranila Project. This is a personal blog written and edited by me in its entirety. Occasionally, you may see guest posts by select contributors, whose posts will also be bound by all disclosure policies herein. As the author of this blog, I may be compensated to provide opinion on products and services. I may also receive free product samples to review and these reviews are written solely at my discretion. In the event that compensation is received for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The compensation received will not influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. Any views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service outside of my opinion will be identified as such and should be verified with the source (manufacturer, retailer, provider or party) in question.
This blog accepts compensation for sponsorship in the form of advertisements. In addition, this blog may accept compensation for sponsored posts, written and/or edited by me. Sponsored posts will always be relevant to the overall content of the blog and will always reflect my honest opinions. Sponsored posts will be identified as ‘Sponsored Posts’ or ‘Collaborations.’ Affiliate links may be used within posts for which I am paid a small commission per sale or click.
Affiliate links are used liberally throughout this blog and other marketing communications. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my affiliate links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links may not be identified but I will do my best to maintain transparency and provide sufficient information for you to search for items yourself should you not wish to use the affiliate link. Personalized referral links for membership-only shopping clubs including Glossybox, FabFitFun, Hautelook, POPSUGAR, Winc, Scentbird, and others may also be used within posts and other blog related communication. In the event that you join one of these shopping clubs using my referral link, I may receive a cash-value credit or complimentary product from the club.
The Patranila Project is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Privacy Introduction and Summary
We want to make it easy for you to understand what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and how you can request access to this information.
We believe this is a best practice to maintain transparency and trust with our website visitors and clients, and it just so happens that this complies with the laws of many countries around the world, too. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us here.
What Personal Information We Collect and When
We collect information so that we can make our products and services better tailored to the people who visit our site and do business with us. We collect this information to (i) deliver products and services you have purchased from us, (ii) to notify you about our product or service offerings that you may be interested in, so long as you have given us consent to do so, and (iii) to keep track of visitor information to our site and/or or create re-targeted and “lookalike” audiences for advertising purposes.
We collect information from you directly and indirectly through third-party services, as follows:
When you contact us…
- With questions or comments in a contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, schedule a consultation or sign up to the newsletter.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive your product or services.
When we contact you…
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email, with a double opt in consent.
When we contact others…
- We may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow us to complete your order.
- We may see certain personal information from third party installations that allow us to re-market our services and products to you on other websites.
- We may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow us to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
- We may see your personal information when we work with third party processors, like our email provider and web host. For EU residents, please note that this means we may transmit your data across international borders.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Privacy Controls
We use third-party services on our websites to assist in communicating or interacting with the public, including social media services, widgets, apps, pixels, and plugins, as further identified below. These services may distinguish or trace your identity, through, for example, persistent, multi-session cookies.
You can configure your system to delete cookies or disable them. In general, we do not collect or disseminate information collected by these services. When interacting with these third parties, their privacy policies apply. As of the time of this writing, we use:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. We do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Facebook pixels. More information is available here and here.
- PayPal. More information is available here.
- Stripe. More information is available here.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your user name, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
- This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Use the link above to opt out.
- This site does not sell or share its email list for use by third parties.
If you choose to opt out of some or all of our data collection, you may not be able to access all features of this website or our services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We store personal information with third parties that use industry standard practices for data security.
Your Rights to Your Information
You own your personal information and have rights to it. For example, you have the rights to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to market our products and services to you and otherwise use the personal information you have provided to us. Withdrawing consent is easy. Simply click “unsubscribe” in the footer of our emails, or contact us here.
- Request a copy of the information we have about you;
- Be forgotten (that is, have your data deleted and/or ask us to stop using your information for any purpose);
- Correct inaccurate information we have about you (and that means we will notify other service providers we use, and who hold your personal information for us, of those changes as well);
- Object to direct marketing and profiling (for example, we will remove you from our email list and from any list we have uploaded for the purposes of creating custom or re-targeted audiences). We also encourage you to disable data collection services on your browser;
- Make complaints about the use of your data to regulatory authorities.
We will comply with these requests within 30 days.
We make commercially reasonable efforts to work with data controllers (like our email provider) who guarantee compliance with privacy laws like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
We store your personal information only for as long as it is needed to use it for the reasons you have consented to.
Occasionally we will revise this policy and will use your contact information to notify you of these changes if they reduce your privacy rights in any way.
Updated April 2023