I came across a wonderful list of things to love about autumn over on The Inspired Room and I couldn’t resist doing a list of my own. I like autumn (it’s my second favorite season) but I love summer and parting is always such sweet sorrow. So in the spirit of embracing the present moment, here’s my list of autumn favorites.
- Snuggly sweaters with my favorite jeans that are long enough to allow me my one summertime holdover, flip flops.
- Homemade sweet potato pie.
- A crackling fire in a stone fireplace.
- Driving north to see the leaves change.
- Childhood memories of family trips to Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
- Delicious red wine.
- Apple picking.
- An abundance of good hair days.
- Crisp breezes.
- Warm apple pie a la mode.
- New stationery and starting fresh.
- Carving pumpkins with my ducklings.
- Cozy socks to putter around the house.
- My extra fluffy down comforter.
- Hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Halloween costumes.
- Leisurely walks in Central Park.
- Boots and blazers.
- Quality movie releases.
- Fall TV.
Shop Fall Favorites Below
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU