If you’re a regular reader, you know how much I love a challenge. Meditation challenge, exercise challenge, you name it, I love it. I found this really popular 1001 Days challenge on Day Zero and was really intrigued because 1001 days is a long time. It will be my longest challenge ever and I’ll blog periodically about the stuff that I complete. Here are the rules:
Complete 101 preset tasks in 1001 days. ~ February 1, 2014 – October 29, 2016
Tasks must be specific (i.e., no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e., represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days
The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks.
I’ll be updating this list throughout the challenge and linking to any accompanying posts or photos on social media. Items crossed off are completed and items in italics are in progress.
My 101 Things
001. Make a decent list for this challenge
Create a vision board
003. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity
004. Volunteer in a developing country
005. Visit White Sands (New Mexico)
006. Visit Spain
007. Visit Italy
008. Visit the Obama White House (this was not to be)
009. Visit the Grand Canyon
010. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
011. Go on a California winery tour (I did go on a Virginia winery tour)
012. Go to London
013. Go skiing in Colorado
014. Go to Vegas, again
015. Go to Chicago
016. See the Northern Lights
017. Take a Pacific Coast Highway Day Trip
018. Drive cross country
019. Visit Sequoia National Park
Go to Hawaii (Check me out in Hawaii)
021. Spend Christmas beachside
022. Ring in the New Year in Australia
023. Learn the longitude and latitude of my favorite places
Dance with someone in the rain
Fall in love
026. Build a bonfire
027. Build a snowman with my ducklings
028. Build a sandcastle
029. Jump on a trampoline
030. Go to trapeze school on the West Side Highway
031. Ride in a hot air balloon
Ride in a helicopter
033. Go snorkeling
034. Go to the ballet
035. Learn ballroom dancing
036. Release a bunch of colorful balloons
037. Send a message in a bottle
038. Spend a week in a lakeside cabin
039. See a meteor shower
Swim in the ocean
041. Perform a solo show
042. Record an EP
043. Develop a web series
044. Complete my first non-fiction book
045. Spend a month writing in a seaside town
046. Draw a self-portrait
047. Complete a photo series
048. Learn to make jewelry using precious metals
049. Design a capsule jewelry collection
050. Establish my LA life
051. Complete the 30-Day Shred
052. Run a 10K
053. Learn to ride a horse
054. Reach my goal weight
055. Do a headstand
056. Go rock climbing
Go ziplining (got really close in Summer 2014)
058. Go skydiving
059. Go on a meditation retreat
060. Go without TV for a week
061. Have a yard sale
062. Paint my house
063. De-clutter my house
064. Clean out the backyard
065. Refinish a piece of furniture
066. Plant a flower garden
067. Move back to Manhattan
068. Research my family tree
069. Visit my father’s grave
070. Make fresh pasta
071. Prepare a five-course meal
072. Study with a pastry chef
073. Make homemade ice cream
074. Make homemade bread
075. Learn to make crepes
076. Start a decent wine collection (more of a buy then drink type of thing)
077. Learn Spanish
078. Increase my knowledge of French wine
079. Learn two songs on guitar
080. Read 10 classics
081. Watch 10 classic films
082. Choose an actor and watch every film he/she has been in
083. Learn to identify 10 constellations
Learn to use all the settings on my camera
085. Take a photography class
086. See Prince in concert, again (unfortunately this is not to be. RIP)
087. See the Yankees play at the new stadium
088. Go on a spa weekend
089. Go to Fashion Week in another city
090. Learn Photoshop
Buy photography equipment: new lenses and lights
092. Buy a new MacBook
093. Start a vlogging series on The Patranila Project
Do my first outfit post
095. Treat myself to something from Hermes
096. Treat myself to something from Chanel
097. Treat myself to a pair of Louboutins
098. Organize my finances
Start an emergency fund
Start saving for retirement (not that I imagine I’ll ever retire but…)
Change tax brackets
Wish me luck!
What I Learned While Meditating With Deepak
21-Day Meditation Challenge
30-Day Abs Challenge
Ok, this is a lot of stuff! Good luck! I bet you'll get through quite a good lot of them! I believe in you! 🙂
It's a nice challenge! I just find it too long like 1001 days! :O
This is such a great challenge indeed and I am gonna watch I hope until 2016 until you complete the list.
Are you seriously going to do these all in next 1001 days… This is so exciting!
I will try too, but with a list for 10-20 things to do in 30 days … My mind keeps changing, I dnt think a list more than 10-20 can stay on my mind for 1001 days
I will try! You don't have to keep them all in your mind for the duration. The list is long and the time is long so you can keep coming back to it. You should try it!
What a great bucket list and sounds like possibly enough lotted time to do it in.
Yeah, the idea is to give yourself plenty of time to do stuff.
This is such a nice list of things to do, thanks for sharing this with your readers.
Great list! It must have taken a long time to come up with so many things.
Not as long as you would think.
Ooooohhhh I love your list. This is a fantastic idea. I may have to piggy back on your idea!
Please do and let me know when you do!
I love your list! thank you for sharing
WOW Now That's A Long List Hope You Achieve Them ALL GOOD LUCK!!
Great advice and goals. I believe everyone should have a list of goals for themself. Never try to make expectations of yourself you know you can not achieve. That is what I live by.
Awesome list. I'm contemplating if I can do this, too. Haha. You go girl.Ü
Of course you can! You should try it!
Great goals! Good luck achieving them all!
Awesome list!! I can help you with 77! even my blog is bilingual!
This would be tough to monitor but really worth the effort you would be giving.
Good luck with that list. It's ambitious but you're definitely worth it, girl. I love this idea!
That is a great list.. with my crazy days i am not sure i can stick to a list for that long..Good Luck!
Change tax brackets. Great! Love the list. Thanks for sharing
That one is perhaps my favorite. Perhaps.