You know it always happens. Somebody’s cousin’s uncle shows up at your home with a tag-along. An old boyfriend from college or a stray co-worker who thought flying standby on Christmas Eve was a good plan. You know, some fool you don’t know and didn’t invite. Well here are some last-minute gifts you can have on hand so everyone feels included. Even if you begrudge giving them the last piece of sweet potato pie!
Last-Minute Gifts for Stragglers
These are great because they’re gender neutral, spend anywhere and take up virtually no space in your home.
- Visa Gift Card – Cold, hard (electronic) cash. It’s self-explanatory.
- Amazon Gift Card – You’re free to choose denominations from $25-$500 which can be used for anything available on Amazon.
Scented or unscented, candles for holiday gifts are perfect. We can all use a little more warm light during the cold, dark winter nights.
- NEST Vanilla Bean Votive Candle, $18
- DW Home Warm Tobacco Pipe Candle $18
- Voluspa White Cypress Candle, $14
Health & Beauty Sets
Perfect travel-sized items that also double as stockingstuffers.
- Burt’s Bees Hand Repair Set, $15
- Uncommon Beauty Mango Lip Balm, $15
- Viking Revolution Beard Car Set, $29
Food & Other Useful Stuff
- Sugarfina Champagne Bears, $22 – Gummies for grown ups!
- Charbonelle et Walker Milk Sea Salt Caramel Truffles, $30 – They had me at truffles.
- Lightweight Hat & Scarf Set, Global warming aside, it will get cold eventually.
- Travel Mugs, Varies – For that all-important caffeine fix on the go.
This list of last minute gifts for stragglers and other unexpected guests covers a lot of bases. You’ve got food, lotions & potions, and straight up cash. What else does one need?
What are some of the go-to stockingstuffers and spare gifts you keep on hand? Do tell! And don’t forget to share this post with your last-minute shopper friends!
RELATED GIFT GUIDES