You know it always happens. Somebody’s cousin’s uncle shows up at your home with a tag-along. An old boyfriend from college or a stray co-worker who thought flying standby on Christmas Eve was a good plan. You know, some fool you don’t know and didn’t invite. Well here are some last-minute gifts you can have on hand so everyone feels included. Even if you begrudge giving them the last piece of sweet potato pie!
Last-Minute Gifts for Stragglers
Gift Cards from National Chains
These are great because they’re gender neutral, spend anywhere and take up virtually no space in your home.
- Visa Gift Card – Cold, hard (electronic) cash. It’s self-explanatory.
- Amazon Gift Card – You’re free to choose denominations from $25-$500 which can be used for anything available on Amazon.
- Spa & Wellness Gift Card by Spa Week – Who wouldn’t love a spa treatment right?
Scented or unscented, candles for holiday gifts are perfect. We can all use a little more warm light during the cold, dark winter nights.
- NEST Holiday Votive Candle, $16
- Molton Brown Bizarre Brandy Candle Gift Set, $85
- Vermeil Mini Tin Candle Trio by Voluspa, $27
Health & Beauty Sets
Perfect travel-sized items that also double as stocking stuffers.
- Burt’s Bees 3-Piece Honey Pot Gift Set, $15 – use code FRIEND for 15% off
- L’Occitane Hand Cream Trio, $29
- Beard Care Kit by The Body Shop, $20
Food & Other Useful Stuff
- Sugarfina Champagne Bears, $20 – Gummies for grown ups!
- Dark Chocolate Champagne Truffles, $24 – It’s chocolate and champagne. Yes, please.
- Lightweight Hat & Scarf Set, Varies – Global warming aside, it will get cold eventually.
- Travel Mugs, Varies – For that all-important caffeine fix on the go.
This list of last minute gifts for stragglers and other unexpected guests covers a lot of bases. You’ve got food, lotions & potions, and straight up cash. What else does one need?
What are some of the go-to stocking stuffers and spare gifts you keep on hand? Do tell! And don’t forget to share this post with your last-minute shopper friends!